“Greg McGarity’s beach vacation last week didn’t have as much rest and relaxation as the Georgia athletic director would have preferred.” “Let’s just say it was frequently interrupted,” Greg McGarity said.
“People are upset, we’re upset,” Greg McGarity said, “and we’ve got to work even harder to try to do things that will help us avoid these problems”
“All this is a reflection of my leadership and that’s the part that basically disappoints me,” Greg McGarity said.
(1) Josh Harvey-Clemons – suspension Jan 1 for drug violation, his 2nd drug violation resulted in 4-game suspension including January 1 Gator Bowl and the 1st three games of 2014 including Clemson and South Carolina, and then was kicked-off the team February 2014, transferred to Louisville but must sit out entire 2014 season. Josh Harvey-Clemons’ 1st drug violation in dorm room he admitted doing drugs with Ty Flournoy-Smith who himself had previously been arrested and jailed over filing a False Police Report that his school books at UGA had been stolen when it was determined that he himself had sold the books to a book store, so this was Ty Flournoy-Smith’s 2nd run-in resulting in Mark Richt kicking Ty Flournoy-Smith off the team, transferred to Alabama February 3, 2014.
(2) Sheldon Dawson – suspension Jan 1
(3) Shaq Wiggins – arrested 12 January suspended license failure appear & speeding, transferred to Louisville but must sit out entire 2014 season
(4) Uriah LeMay – 4 counts criminal arrest including cashing check of roommate, transferred to University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Uriah Lemay’s brother Christian LeMay transferred to Jacksonville State along with the transfer for 2014 of Shaquille Fluker to Jacksonville State.
(5) Tray Matthews – took 3 known already cashed checks to bank, criminal arrest, kicked-off team
(6) James DeLoach – took 2 known already cashed checks to bank, criminal arrest
(7) Jonathan Taylor – took 2 known already cashed checks to bank, criminal arrest
(8) Justin Scott-Wesley WR, arrested last October for marijuana possession, Mark Richt announced 25 March 2014 that “We’ll stay with our policies on that” UGA Policy specifying one-game suspension and he’s been injured since so his 1st game back would be suspension vs Clemson.
(9) Jonathon Taylor – arrested felony, aggravated assault/family violence, kicked off team
(10) Davin Bellamy – arrested DUI, speeding, suspended Clemson and South Carolina
Every game Mark Richt has coached his remaining Scholarship Recruits against a team ranked for the season, in order starting with most recent.
All other AWAY games with Mark Richt as Visiting Coach were against teams NOT RANKED for that season in either the AP Poll or in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll. No skipped games. What have you been watching ? Only that which is ALLOWED to be spoon fed to you about our program nowadays by Chuck Dowdle and his cohorts ?
This post is not censored by anyone anywhere anytime for any reason as to allowable content based upon B.S. feel good stories about a program floundering nowadays, not what he did in 2005. This is 2014.
Why don’t you say something about my Mama ? That’s all you have as a comeback to the facts, anyway – some damn personal attack, like that is a reply to the facts. And, you know it and you know I know you know it. You know and you admit you know that we’re NOT DOING WELL at all, and have not been – which you and I both know too.
Mark Richt – great guy ! Not much of a coach anymore is he ?
“We’re just tired of just being mediocre and going to the SEC championship game, going to the bowl game and losing.” Todd Gurley II.
I don’t think we do our coaches & players a favor by telling them 15-0, 14-1
I believe we instead need to tell the coaches and players that they need to GATA.
If we were 72-9 and 3 NC current half a dozen seasons as Alabama in fact is, instead of our factual 54-26 only # 23 in Wins, we would still want to tell the coaches and players that we want to return punts and kick-offs better and that we want to stop punt returns and kick-off returns better. We have issues on the OL replacing 3 Starting OL and the Starting Blocking TE. We have issues at Fullback, not recruiting enough fullbacks when our offense is designed around the fullback, with the over 200 fullbacks available each season. The 1 fullback we did recruit in 6 seasons, we moved to TE because of our lack of depth at that position. We have concerns at Starting Quarterback on deep passes, not floating the passes. We have issues of not running the ball enough, until the game is at hand. The defensive secondary is weak. We have too many penalties, too many fumbles and interceptions, and too many 3 and out on offense. We have not performed well on the road against top teams these most recent seasons.
We did very well to begin with, and have dropped off.
3 unranked seasons 2009, 2010 and 2013.
Our 16-13 vs teams making the top 25 through the 2007 season, dropped off to only 7-22 since.
We’d have to beat too many top teams 2014-2015 up-coming season to be 15-0 or 14-1.
It’d be great if we could.
How has that worked out for us, telling them they could go 15-0 and 14-1 ?
That has motivated the coaches and players to beat the top teams ?
Are we Elite as a Top 10 Team All-Time in Wins ?
Are we Elite now, currently ?
72-9 & 3 NC is Elite these 6 years
54-26 is not by stark contrast.
Can we tell them to GATA instead ?
Does telling them you think they’ll be 15-0 or 14-1 motivate them ?
How has that worked out for us, you telling them they’ll beat # 1 in the play-offs, # 2 Auburn, # 3 in the play-offs, # 4 South Carolina at their house, # 5 Missouri at their house, # 7 Alabama in SEC Championship Game, # 9 Clemson to begin the season and Florida ?
Don’t talk about history, you say, and follow that up with 81 % win percentage going into the 2005 season.
67 % win percentage after 2007 good for # 23 at 54-26 is far more relevant, as is our 7-22 vs teams making the top 25 of either the AP or Coaches’ Polls.
I will be damned if I am going another off-season of bragging on how great they are, as if that alone is allowed.
That’s just censorship.
Every single poll shows that we’ve got to tell the coaches and players to GATA.
Every single poll shows that we’re not doing well.
Every single poll shows that we’ve got a lot of attrition with bad press.
Mark Richt needs to get the remaining 78 Scholarship Recruits of the 118 he signed, with redshirt, to GATA.