” We (mostly) agree that we need to win more games, not lose to lesser teams, and have better winning % especially in the years since 2007. ”
We do ?
Or, we feel that there is nothing wrong under the sun with our program right now ? That we are doing great ?
Which is it ?
Censoring opinions of fact because you do not like the facts is certainly not going to fix the issues.
The issues are plain. They are clear. We, as fans, send the message to the coaches and players that they are great.
Then, after 2007 these are not on Mark Richt’s To-Do List ? Seriously ?
(1) not have only 72 remaining of 118 signed who with redshirt would’ve played last game. How do you fix that ? Well, you fix that by teaching the players to obey the rules. Conflicting messages that we love them, when we kick them off the team, is not teaching them to obey the rules. The head coach is sending mixed messages to the players. There is no excuse for giving Mark Richt all the credit for signing these 118 recruits who with redshirt play in the last game, to have only 72.
You get that, or you got something else to say about my mama ?
It has nothing to do with my mama and every thing to do with the lax discipline (teaching to obey the rules) followed by harsh punishment (which is not discipline.)
(2) not lose so many games against bowl teams after 2007 that our win % against them is only 54 %
We are unprepared for many games after 2007. We have the superior talent and are lax about our preparation. We take opponents lightly – teams we should be beating. We make bullshit in-game decisions such as wasted time-outs, not calling time-outs, not trying to use all the clock we can use to score against teams who consider us their # 1 Rival. We do this all the time. No one discusses it. No one suggests it’s an issue that we have poor clock management all the time. No one wants to discuss it. Just tell everyone we’re # 11 all-time in 1-A wins; and, that we recruit 2nd best nationally; and brag about what Mark Richt did 8 to 14 seasons’ ago, instead of saying what it is we’re in fact doing after 2007. We lost to 3 teams this last season who we should never have lost to. Shall we discuss the in game decisions by a coach 14 seasons now our head coach ? 1st goal 4-yard line and Hutson Mason who should never have been our Starting QB 2014 tries to throw a pass, when he is incapable of throwing the ball 14-yards down field out of the end zone. Mark Richt said he was wrong. Yes, he was. All our players told the press we took a team who considers us their # 1 Rival and whom Mark Richt is 5-9 against, lightly. Mark Richt told the press to tell his players to shut-up. You are ahead against another team who considers us their # 1 Rival by 3 points with 13 ticks remaining. What do you do, squib kick ? Mark Richt said he was wrong. Yes, he was. We cannot beat our way out of a wet paper bag, and it’s damn frustrating reading blogs tell us how freaking great we are. We’re anything but. We’ve been anything but after 2007 with a 54 % win percentage over bowl teams after 2007.
Did you get that damn it ?
You knew we’re 54 % win percentage against bowl teams after 2007 ?
You got some bullshit you want to put on ME for saying it out loud ?
I am freaking tired of it.
You seem totally satisfied with it.
(3) not have 29 losses the latest 7-year period, an average of more than 4 losses a season. You want a way where we can stop losing more than 4 games a season on the average after 2007 ? Hire a damn football coach who gives a shit.
And, quit telling him he’s friqin’ great.
He was when he 1st got here. He hasn’t been after 2007.
(4) not have so many games lost against less-talented teams who even with their win are unranked teams, 10 such after 2007 and 2 of those again in 2014. You want a solution to that from me ? This is my problem that I point it out to everyone ? Or, this is Mark Richt’s problem on his To-Do List ?
Which is it ?
You tell me ?
We’re not ready to play. We have 72 remaining to even suit-up of 118 signed to suit-up the latest game. This is a serious grievous issue that is pervasive across Mark Richt’s program after 2007. You cannot play winning football when you are not on the field. Credit is given to Mark Richt every February for signing all these guys. He’s had 82 NFL draft picks, and more 2015. Only Southern California has more. He’s had the average # 9 Scout.com recruiting ranking. Again, only Southern California has done better. We have plenty of talent and give Mark Richt the credit for signing them here. That is only half the battle. Once here, he has to coach them. Coaching is defined as getting more with less : Here, we get less with more. Georgie tek averages # 52 recruiting ranking and they beat the average # 9 recruits. Now, their coach does not have a losing record against us at Sanford. Mark Richt’s roster management is the worst in the nation. He has the 2nd best talent and # 21 in won/lost record after 2007. That’s not my issue. That’s not my problem. That is Mark Richt’s won/lost record which is not some damn stat but his won/lost record. Get off my back, and put the pressure where you say the pressure belongs. Not on me, but on Mark Richt.
Get with the program.
(5) not be 2-13 vs teams ranked AP Poll Top 10 for the seasons after 2007. We not only lose to lousy unranked under talented teams but we cannot compete with the top teams, either.
Get over yourself that you have made some freaking point to me about this, when this should be discussed openly by us, as it is by our opponents. If we’re unprepared for a team who lost 11 of their most recent 13 games who calls us their # 1 Rival and who Mark Richt is 5-9 against, then what the friq do you expect of the same coach against the top teams ?
His record after 2007 speaks for itself.
(6) not be 11-23 vs teams ranked for the seasons after 2007. This is a deceiving record as it is because if you play a 1-AA FCS team, that game does not count. Unless you lose. So all these games we lose to unranked teams has to be ADDED to this record of 34 teams, 23 of whom we’ve lost to who are simply ranked in either the AP or Coaches’ Polls for the seasons after 2007. He really therefore has played 44 games after 2007 leaving his wins in only 11 of the 44 games against ranked teams in either the AP or Coaches’ Polls for these latest 7 seasons after 2007 because he’s lost to 10 unranked teams after 2007.
Do not be sitting there asking me what to do to fix all this.
That is not my job.
It’s also not my job to be winning all these games you say SCDawg Mark Richt should be winning and isn’t at the rate you say he should be winning.
I am not paid $ 4 million dollars a season to be our head coach. He’s not supposed to be losing all these games, and you damn well know it.
Cease with your bullshit to me about his friqin’ losses.
I call it like it is.
I get it out in the open.
I know the recruits know it. I read Todd Gurley II say that he is sick and tired of losing and being mediocre. I read Chris Conley say the same. I read our players say this all the time. The recruits know it. I am not hurting recruiting by bringing it out in the open. We do not beat the teams we are supposed to beat, do not compete with the top teams, and overall lose over 4 games a season after 2007.
If this is acceptable to you, then, kiss my ass – that is not what you said. Instead, you’ve put the onus on me to explain to you what you say is unacceptable. I do not believe you believe it’s unacceptable. Otherwise, you would say : Yes, sir – Mark Richt has done a poor job of it after 2007 and I agree with you Thomas Brown, sir ! He needs to step up his game getting more with less, instead of less with more. And, honestly, I did not know that Mark Richt has been this anemic against bowl teams after 2007 that his win percentage is only 54 %. If it’s not acceptable that our win percentage after 2007 against bowl teams is only 54 % then stand-up and say it. And, do not blame me for his failures on and off the field to have his team prepared, to have his players he should be having play, in fact play. And do not blame me for his head coaching decisions. During these 14 seasons before this one, he has lost every year to teams he should have never lost to. It costs us dearly every year. He does a poor job, as you say, especially after 2007, SCDawg, sir.
(7) not be 57 % win percentage in bowl games after 2007. Mark Richt’s record away from Sanford after 2007 sucks. Overall, away and at home he once, had a 81 % win percentage. Now, after 2007, he’s 68 % win percentage, overall. He once was great against teams who that season made the AP Poll or Coaches’ Poll Top 25. Now, after 2007, he won twice only. We have had 49 games not at Sanford and lost 21. The games we’ve won, have been against cupcakes – except for 2 wins out of 49 games not at Sanford after 2007 ! It’s unacceptable and damn embarrassing to read hogwash excuses for it every year by the DISNEYdawgs.com fans of our program who actually truthfully believe he is doing well. No. No, he’s not. We do not beat the top teams away from Sanford, and only because he was extremely frustrated as all of us were with 2014, did he even try to win this bowl game. A trophy for everyone has been his mantra. Mark Richt does not give a shit about winning. He actually believes his calling is to be preacher man. He actually has conflicting mixed messages about players who brought us so much bad press all 2014 that he told them each he loved them. What the F is that ? His calling is to be our head football coach at the rate of $ 4 million a year.
We do NOT have something more important that we adhere to here at Georgia than winning, as Mark Richt told us 2014.
And, you know what I love more than that ? Reading DISNEYdawgs.com tell me about my mama when my post is quite plain exactly in fact what we are doing nowadays after 2007.
Can you imagine what this off-season would be like right now had he lost this last bowl game, as he did 3 of the previous 4 bowl games ? I wrote on my blog where I get to have my damn say unabated, just as I give you here, the Absolute Right to have your say sir, that he took the sour taste out of our mouth for 2014. A season of what could’ve been. But, wasn’t because once again he lost to 3 teams who were far less-talented but better coached against us than we offered-up against them. In each case, Mark Richt discussed the single issue in each game that cost us the game. In 2 of the 3, he admitted he was wrong. In the 3rd loss to Florida who beat the shit out of us, he told the players who ran to the press telling everyone we took them lightly to shut the hell up.
That’s what you really want from me.
To shut the hell up.
Bury our heads in the damn sand.
Good Luck with that !
(8) not be 4-21 against teams higher ranked than us in the AP or Coaches’ Polls for the years after 2007.
” We (mostly) agree that we need to win more games, not lose to lesser teams, and have better winning % especially in the years since 2007. ” SCDawg
We do ?
Or, you do not want to hear about it ?