(1) I believe we must quit bragging on the program right now and get job done instead. This is the number one problem and number one obstacle to us winning the national championship. We have a fan base of whiners and excuse makers, not fans of the program telling it like it is. We do not therefore work on that which we must to win our 7th national championship in football. It’s our fans’ fault.
(2) We must start getting the most out of the 85 scholarship recruits, which means that if you are going to have 3 Top 10 Quarterbacks in the nation and another # 11 nationally, that you put them in the damn games and play them. We do not need a 4 TD lead against Auburn with 5 minutes’ all remaining in the game. We blow redshirt seasons on players that frankly only get to play the very least opponent we play all season long whom we beat by the way 30 out of the last 31 times anyway. Get back-ups in in the 2nd possession against these out of conference unranked opponents otherwise known as cupcakes. And, realize that some of the players will not be drafted and could be redshirted to play 4 meaningful years. Why play them only against the cupcakes burning their redshirt year ?
(3) We do a very poor job of preparing our back-up quarterback, and we must instead start playing our 2nd string Quarterbacks a LOT more than we have been. When Hutson Mason went down with injury, it was patently obvious that we have once-again failed to properly prepare Brice Ramsey. Not once, or maybe once, all season long did I witness proper footwork from Brice Ramsey back there. A lot of heart and great potential, NFL talent, but he has to set his feet and follow through on every pass instead of the sling the ball from awkward positioning of his feet. He also has issues like Aaron Murray of sacks, interceptions and fumbles. 1 got to play through it, the other not.
(4) We must recruit more OL than just 4 in a class bragging on that. This is a recurring problem of Mark Richt. He has stated he does not believe a solid offensive line is required with his old-style antiquated out of date offense.
(5) We have got to get back to recruiting top fullbacks to this used-to-be fullback oriented offense, while we’ve recruited only one in 7 seasons and refuse really to play him. There are over 200 Top-Ranked Fullbacks nationally and idly stand by while our Rivals come into our Home State here and take them, while we do not even offer them. Craziness. It’s just like what we do on Special Teams, too ! Just play the worst guys on the team who cannot make offense or defense, and find one of those and make him the Fullback. Bullshit. Either recruit the damn position of fullback or trash the offense and get one which works against unranked teams 11 losses to them after 2007, works against ranked teams for the year 11-24 after 2007, and works against teams even in a damn bowl game at just 34-28 after 2007. Quit telling me how great it is, only to have it watch as opponent scores 5 unanswered touchdowns.
(6) We sorely needed to update our old-style antiquated offense, which I presume is what Schottenheimer is trying to do by not sending out a walk-on at FB and not going with plays Mark Richt designed 15 years ago. I only make this point # 6 because I heard a lot said about him being hired because he knows this exact offense we have been running for 14 seasons’ prior now. Well, it’s not working ! We fail on offense and send the non-special special teams out there to bail out the offense. And, we send back the tired defense again and again to bail out our failed offense. We were # 89 nationally in passing 2014. That sucks. 2015 we can not pass downfield either. We had every reasonable defense stack the box and what did we do ? Either passed into the teeth of those defenses with short 4-yard dink-downs. It was all we did. Our running back had the longest pass play of the season. What the friq does that tell you ? When you hear that we had 30 unanswered points scored against us, quit thinking it’s all the defense’s problem and begin recognizing that our offense failed to score while their offense put up 30. Think we might lose those types of games ? We either passed 4-yard passes into the teeth of stacked boxes against us, or we ran into the teeth of the defenses stacked against the short game. We never passed the ball downfield. Never. Had we done that with Brice Ramsey throwing deep, the running game would’ve opened up and we would not have lost to 3 far less talented teams again 2014. But that only leads us back to the problem that after 2001 when he redshirted DJ Shockley, Mark Richt has never prepared his back-up QB. Not once.
(7) We must maximize 85 scholarship recruiting slots which means giving more preferred walk-on scholarships as we did finally this season to special teams’ players. We need to understand that we need minimum numbers of OL and DL every season, and not have holes such as Fullback. We need WR. We need to keep 85 Scholarship Recruits at all times. Having only 72 is the pits, and it costs us games we lose instead as a result. A lot of games. Roster mismanagement.
(8) Encourage coaching staff and recruits to win, that winning is most important to us. Do not have a press conference by Mark Richt where he states “there’s something besides winning that’s important here.” Our philosophy is all wrong, and Religion is the problem. It’s a conflict of interest.
(9) We must get back to throwing to our TE like we did when we were great a decade ago. Hell, we need to get back to throwing at all.
(10) Cease discussing 10-win seasons as meeting expectations or exceeding them in 15-game seasons for the top teams, or that our goal is just to GET TO The SEC Championship and everything will take care of itself, then. Wrong. We have not won the damn game after 2005. Getting there is NOT WORKING. And, we average only 9 wins anyway, not 10 in 15-game seasons for the top teams. Do not tell me that Georgia is not the # 11 All-Time Wins program or that we do not have 6 NC in same polls that ranked Georgie tek NC 6 times, because we do.
(11) We have to keep up with other programs, especially in conference, in our stadium by spending large sums to upgrade Sanford. We have fallen way behind our main SEC rivals. This starts with us filling in the Bridge between the North Campus where I took 85 % of my classes and the South Campus while leaving a view of Baxter Street.
(12) Our Athletics’ Department has to do a far better job than has been done by Greg McGarity who started here several weeks before the 2010 season and thus has 21 losses in his 5 years’ here to-date, averaging the same as the program has now for the latest 7-year period too of OVER 4 LOSSES A SEASON. Over 4 Losses a season for five (5) years’ time for Greg McGarity is pitiful. He cannot stand pat. He must upgrade our Program if we are to get competitive. Who can we hire ? Excuse me, whomever replaces Mark Richt whenever can do better than he has after 2007. Had he done when he first got here, what he has done after 2007, he would have long since been fired.
(13) We need MORE home games. We continue to win higher percentages of home games than we do away from Sanford. And, it is a widening margin all the time nowadays. 36-8 at home for latest 7-year period after 2007 to-date and only 28-21 away from Sanford. This means that we are not lured into playing games at the new Peach Bowl/Falcons stadium – unless it is moving the JAX game there for the next hundred years. All the time, the top programs put an absolute emphasis on maximizing the number of home games for their teams. Some top teams schedule as many as Eight (8) home games in a single season ! Our home games have been too few, and even fewer of the top rival games.
(14) Get the damn game out of JAX where our coach says he is at a disadvantage and make it even Steven for us against a team who considers us their # 1 Rival. Our coach is 5-9 there. It has to come to an end. Mark Richt loses down there where I’ve been to more than 25 games to way worse teams many times than we have. Why is this ? We must be committed to removing the game from JAX as we removed the Auburn Game from only in Columbus Georgia. And, as we removed the Georgie tek game from only in Atlanta.
(15) Our Athletics’ Department has to cease talking about building a new gym and get us a new gymnasium built so that the scholarship recruits in-state in all sports WANT to come to UGA because of the facilities.
(16) Our fanbase absolutely has to cease and desist with the bullshit every off-season of (a) how great we are and (b) how we will win our 7th national championship in football this coming season, or certainly the year after. It is counter-productive, and sends all the wrong message to a program who in fact is # 21 in won/lost nationally and # 5 in The SEC these long grueling 8 years now and counting we are suffering through, after quite a great start by Mark Richt when he first got here of over 81 % win percentage going into the 2005 season – down to only 68 % win percentage after 2007. In fact, Mark Richt was 80 % win percentage at kick-off against Alabama 2008 in the black-out. So he has been 68 % win percentage since. Win 4 lose 1 replace recently nowadays with win 3 lose 1. See any difference ? Why brag about him in total here and include what he did 2001-2007, when consistently now after 2007, he has been so different from when he first got here that I have submitted aliens beamed him up to an UFO and cloned him, sending us back down a clone – although he was cloned without the DNA for having any fire in his belly for winning any longer after 2007.
(17) We have to demand more of Jere Morehead, who seemingly is a do nothing president. He has not made one damned statement or even offered-up one damnable point to our Athletics’ Department since taking over. He ultimately is responsible for all this, whether he likes it or not. Our facilities are in shambles because it has no support from the top, or 1 would not have to go into restrooms at Sanford Stadium in the sorry state the men’s bathrooms are in. We need someone with vision as president to get our Athletics’ Department back on track.
(18) Our head coach in football must explain himself a couple of weeks ago after losing to three (3) more lesser teams with nowhere near his talent on his team 2014, that here at UGA we adhere to something higher than winning. Something more important than winning. The freaking hell we do. Winning is his Calling. If Mark Richt thinks his Calling is OTHER THAN WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, he needs to go do THAT Calling. ImYourHuckleberry yesterday said that losing an average of 4 games a season is unacceptable, and we’ve been losing MORE than 4 games a season average for 7 years now and counting.
(19) We make continued mistakes in clock management and an Athletics’ Director who knew anything about clock management would insist the entire coaching staff take a course in clock management. Routinely, we just do not get it, even against our biggest rivals. For the last 2 games in a row now, Mark Richt has wasted time-outs to freeze his own kicker. What the hell ? Then, he lets the clock run in games we are losing because he does not have any time-outs remaining. He has cost us game after game with clock management. Fix this shit. Sit him down and teach him this shit. You can hire a Pop Warner coach who knows this.
(20) We make continued mistakes in basic simple football game coaching. Basic choices. We blow it. We blow it again and again and whine to the press afterwards that we made a mistake. Again. Again, an Athletics’ Director who knows anything about basic football decision making as head coach would have long ago sat Mark Richt down and gone over the decision process in game decisions so that he can recognize them when they come up and implement what is the right choice. We certainly have not done that. Pooch kick so they get the ball losing to us by 3 at our 43-yard line with 13 ticks remaining ? Not give it to Todd Gurley II but Hutson damn Mason on 1st and goal at the 4 losing by less than a TD ? This guy does not know game strategies. He was never head coach before and Booby Bowden did not take him under his leadership and teach him this shit. Mike Adam$ fired Vince Dooley before he could teach him this. He consistently shows us he does not know this shit. Doesn’t he ? It loses games for us, doesn’t it ?
(21) We must do something to get this Attrition Onslaught under control. It has continued unabated for 7 seasons and has directly impacted our football team every single year for 7 years in a row, and counting. While it sends the wrong message, and is not the problem but multiple incidents in drugs for a scholarship recruit here, we should nonetheless have an across the board equal policy to all other at least SEC teams. If this is completed by forcing The SEC to have uniform drug policies, fine. The 1st offender rule is too harsh in an open records’ state such as Georgia, when the student-athlete should be given proper counseling immediately even if he/she is suspected of drug abuse. They are too young, and even in Colorado they would be subject to arrest based on their ages. But, college is not to get high but to get an education. And football scholarship athletes are not here to get high but to get an education and to win. They and we cannot win if they are not on the field playing. Of course the other side of this same coin is that the coach has to learn how to manage a full scholarship roster of 85 – something he never has had to deal with until this season and we witness him tell us that Faton Bauta is right there neck-and-neck-and-neck with Greyson Lambert and Brice Ramsey – so when game lost losing by 5 unanswered touchdowns and both QB looking like shit being sacked, intercepted and fumbling, did Faton Bauta come in ? We can NOT go to the vols and lose.
(22) We were down to 72 scholarship recruits of the previous 118 signed scholarship football recruits, who with a redshirt season would’ve played Louisville. This is so unacceptable that not making it a separate point and goal of this down football program would be remiss. We just signed another 32 this off-season. Then, we putz around not preparing ANY QB for 2015, and finally Monday before kick-off to 2015, we finally have the 1 he chooses practice with the ones. I mean this guy is an abomination. We must do a far better job from Jere Morehead and from Greg McGarity to get this under control on Mark Richt’s football team. We send all the wrong messages from Mark Richt himself when he for example tells the players he just kicked-off the team that he Loves Them. Jere Morehead and Greg McGarity must step in and make the points directly to the scholarship recruits that they must obey the rules. Telling them that they are here to get an education and to win, neither of which can they do if they are not playing and that they will not play if they do not obey the rules here at UGA.
(23) We have to do better than for 7 years averaging more than 4 losses a season. Obviously implementing these numbered items for improvement would do great wonders alone in reducing the number of losses to not MORE than 4 losses a season for 7 seasons and counting. It’s ridiculous to consider this acceptable !
(24) Play our starters on Special Teams like the NFL does. Stop this bullshit of playing every back-up and walk-on on Special Teams. We have no clue on special teams, while we know that over 100 college 1-A FBS football programs have a Special Teams’ Coach. We do not know what we’re doing on Special Teams. Basic fundamental break-downs. And, we have a general lack of talent on the field against the absolute stars of our opponents who have a Special Teams’ Coach and who practice their players who they do play on Special Teams to do what they do against us. They are killing us at this phase of the game as direct results.
(25) We get way too much bad press here at UGA nowadays. It is all we do get besides bullshit blog posts bragging on how well we’re doing and how great the recruits are. The recruits have been top-notched in their rankings and this season is no better than the other years. We are not a better program 2015 because of the caliber of players we just signed. We have averaged # 8 recruiting classes and that is verified as the 2nd best nationally and we have 86 NFL Draft Picks – both in the entire Mark Richt era. Both of these are 2nd best nationally 2001-2015. So, talent has not been the issue around here, but the 24 other reasons listed above. Yet, the press has hammered us nationally for losing after 2007 when Mark Richt when he 1st got here was great. Had Mark Richt done 2001-2007 what he has done since, he would have been fired 8 years’ ago and with good reason. 11 losses to unranked teams after 2007, dropping from # 7 to # 24 against top 25 teams, and likely as not lose to any opponent who goes on to a bowl game after 2007.
(26) # 8 Scout.com average recruiting class Mark Richt with 86 NFL Draft Picks, both 2nd best in the nation. 2001-2007, he did very well. After 2007, he has sucked. He has sucked losing to 11 unranked teams. He has sucked dropping from # 7 nationally to # 24 in beating top 25 teams. And, he has sucked at even beating bowl teams. It has gotten to the point now that if we have a game against a team who might be a bowl team that season, we likely as not lose it. Now, how in the hell can we stand, and can Mark Richt professionally stand to lose to the vols, as every blog on http://www.TheDawgbone.com predicted pre-season that Mark Richt would lose to the vols who by the way are # 40 won/lost this century ?