The sagacious choice for Kirby to stake his job on the line to is only Jacob Eason.
We ALL know that and now we ALL SEE THAT half the Spring ball complete. Note too that we have been practicing at Sanford. All quotes from Kirby ALSO point this out to the intelligent observer.
I am therefore predicting Jacob Eason. My predictions have been PROVEN CORRECT, haven’t they ? I predict NOW that Jacob Eason will Start at QB in the 2016 season.
That ALSO is my choice for game 1.
I am likewise predicting 12-2 or 11-3 on the season. Both a LOT better than the 9-4 Mark Richt has averaged the last entire 8 years of his career here. Imagine averaging 4 losses his last entire 8-year period with ALL THIS TALENT. That will NOT happen with Jacob Eason as the Starter 2016 for Kirby.
Kirby and ONLY Kirby will make this choice.
“Kirby’s Quarterback: Though Georgia had the services of graduate transfer Greyson Lambert, he just wasn’t consistent enough against better defenses. The starter for most of the season, Lambert averaged just 164.3 yards per game in SEC play and threw six touchdowns to two interceptions in that span. Brice Ramsey, who was the early favorite last season to be the Bulldogs’ starter, ended up punting almost as much as he threw the ball last season. He’ll have every opportunity to dethrone Lambert, who entered spring as the No. 1 quarterback on Georgia’s depth chart, but new coach Kirby Smart wants Ramsey to be more assertive. Then, there’s true freshman Jacob Eason, a.k.a. “The Chosen One.” Rated the No. 1 pocket-passer by ESPN’s RecruitingNation, Eason is the future at the position, but he’s going to be carefully brought along. The staff doesn’t want to put too much pressure on him, and it also wants him to earn the job. Eason has the most talent of the bunch, but don’t be surprised if this job is still up for grabs this fall.”
ESPN Edward Aschoff
Kirby has been closely watching the hand-offs exchanges in view of the fact that Greyson Lambert had 7 fumbles for us. Given he also rushed for MINUS 39 yards on 29 rushes, this brought the offense down with him at the helm. That we were the # 104 Passing Offense with Greyson Lambert as the Starter, clearly Kirby studying the hand-offs so closely is NOT good for Greyson Lambert.
My God with a Schedule FULL of ONLY cupcakes Greyson Lambert on the entire season threw for only 12 TD passes. There are quarterbacks who do that in 2 games easily against the level of opponents Greyson Lambert faced.
BRICE RAMSEY :
Nor is it good for Brice Ramsey that Kirby told him he has to want it. And that he needs to demonstrate leadership in addition to needing to want it – to show Kirby something NOW. Brice Ramsey who even when he tried to pass from the punter’s position still did not get his feet set and floated the pass as a result. Brice Ramsey has demonstrated to me for 3 years here now this season beginning Brice Ramsey’s 4th (Fourth) season here what he has demonstrated to Kirby. Brice Ramsey is a JUNIOR.
2013 enrolled early for Mark Richt and played in the G-Day Game completing a pass in 3 tries.
2014 played in 8 games including the entire 2nd half of the Belk Bowl up there in Charlotte going 4 of 9 for only 51 yards and an INTERCEPTION. Remember ?
2015 after 5 for 9 for 174 yards in the G-Day Game and OBVIOUS starter in Brice Ramsey, Greyson Lambert was named the Starter instead by MARK RICHT after only 5 practices with the # 1 unit in the Fall. Remember Mark Richt telling us that it was close very close – too close to call. No difference he could see between them – difficult choice. That all coming back to you now that I remind you of the facts on Brice Ramsey ?
2015 saw once again for Mark Richt that then 2013 2014 and then 2015 Brice Ramsey was NEVER given an opportunity to start. These were ONLY Mark Richt’s calls. No one else made these decisions but Mark Richt. Mark Richt destroyed the CONFIDENCE of Brice Ramsey by not even allowing him to practice with the # 1 unit except 1/3 of the time 2015.
Ok so there was the Alabama game.
We had a FULL TEAM for the Alabama game. All hands on deck.
Greyson Lambert had 3 fumbles AND an interception against Alabama. He started out slowly then petered out all together. He was YANKED. Pulled. Benched. In the next meaningful game against Florida after Alabama Greyson Lambert also was benched and given no snaps. In between he gave up 4 unanswered touchdowns to the vols doing nothing and was NOT yanked. Willy-nilly in his approach at QB, Mark Richt had no answers. Had he NOT run off Jacob Park, Jacob Park would then have started against Kentucky.
Trust me Kirby remembers this.
Clearly in his mind.
After the Alabama game where Brice Ramsey was 1 of 6 with 2 interceptions and 2 sacks in relief of Mark Richt’s STARTER GREYSON LAMBERT Brice Ramsey was given 6 passes 5 games later against Kentucky completing 4 far better than Greyson Lambert in the 1st half vs Kentucky who was only 2 of 6, and NEVER PLAYED FOR MARK RICHT EVER AFTER THAT.
That is 2015 for Brice Ramsey – his Third (3rd) season for Mark Richt.
This is his Fourth (4th) season here in Athens now.
I hope that Brice Ramsey can spell Jacob Eason. I have maintained that Brice Ramsey will be invited to the NFL Combines and that Greyson Lambert will NOT.
At this point, Brice Ramsey does not earn himself an NFL Draft pick.
(1) Alabama debacle
(2) vols loss Brice Ramsey not one snap under center. Remember how Greyson Lambert allowed 4 unanswered TD ?
(3) Missouri disaster on offense Brice Ramsey again not 1 snap under center. We did not score a single TD on offense. Not 1. Missouri 1-7 in The SEC.
(4) Florida Greyson Lambert FINALLY BENCHED but NOT in favor of Brice Ramsey but a quarterback whom MARK RICHT had not given 1 single snap at QB all year long – now gone Faton Bauta. Brice Ramsey ? Despite 4 interceptions by Faton Bauta Mark Richt NEVER considered Brice Ramsey for a single snap under center. Mark Richt LOST HIS JOB over this decision. He LOST it right then. Right on that decision. Even David Greene lambasted Mark Richt for that decision in public. David Greene said that Mark Richt started a guy who zero starting experience. I said that Mark Richt started a guy whom he had NOT GIVEN A SINGLE SNAP TO AT QB ALL SEASON LONG. Mark Richt I said was DESPERATE. Bluto said Mark Richt was NOT DESPERATE. Sure he was.
(5) Kentucky the BS from Mark Richt continues with Brice Ramsey 4 of 6 and Greyson Lambert 2 of 6 both for the 1st half, but curiously MARK RICHT played ONLY Greyson Lambert in the 2nd half in his stubborn NATURE. Brice Ramsey given the shaft by Mark Richt. Brice Ramsey never got 1 more snap at QB for Mark Richt EVER and Mark Richt TOOK THE HEAT in EVERY PRESS CONFERENCE about it. Where is Brice Ramsey Mark Richt went all the way to # 2 Coaches’ Hot Seat.com . Bluto senator get the picture gtp said Mark Richt was NOT on the hot seat AND that he would be back 2016. I said he had lost his job vs Florida and that his record for his last 8 years proves that he is FIRED.
(6) Auburn not once a snap under center by Mark Richt for Brice Ramsey.
(7) Georgia Southern University not 1 snap under Center for Brice Ramsey by MARK RICHT. Mark Richt bragged how great Georgia Southern was after the game, then Georgia Southern played Georgia State at Georgia Southern and Georgia State LOSING RECORD 6-7 FOR 2015 SEASON beat the living hell out of Georgia Southern 34-7. But hey don’t let the facts get in your way for your BS Mark Richt.
(8) Georgie tek yellowjackets again Mark Richt not 1 snap to Brice Ramsey under center.
EXIT STAGE LEFT – FIRED MARK RICHT
(9) Penn State – Brian McClendon stated whoever practiced the best would play, then said the best in practice was Brice Ramsey, then gave Brice Ramsey 2 throws vs Penn State completing a 2-yard dump-off pass only.
2016 now Junior year
We LOST football games when Matt Stafford was NOT named our Starter in 2006 as a True Freshman either such as the Vandie game 2006 when Vandie’s lone win in SEC action 2006 was over Mark Richt when Mark Richt said we had a BETTER QB than Matt Stafford. No, we did NOT.
Kirby can NOT get this wrong. This is his 1st real decision.
ALL REPORTS and all visual evidence CLEARLY SHOWS that Greyson Lambert AND Brice Ramsey do NOT demonstrate the PASSING ABILITY of Jacob Eason. Jake Eason throws ropes. Greyson Lambert and Brice Ramsey do not. We will NOT win with Greyson Lambert. Brice Ramsey has not thrown a pass with his feet set underneath him since he got here.
But what do I know about ANY of this I ask you as a former db.
Prudent close scrutiny and history dictates there is only 1 choice at QB 2016 for Kirby : Jacob Eason.