Kirby is the BEST RECRUITER in the nation bar none.
On the recruiting trail Kirby was AWESOME our best Bulldogs recruiting class of all-time with 16 ESPN Top 200 players overall in a class of 3300 recruits. 15 of them were ranked in the top 100 of at least one of the top recruiting services 247Sports.com ESPN RecruitingNation or Scout.com.
But the SURVEY question was how did he do “COACHING YEAR ONE.” Kirby did NEARLY EVERTHING WRONG other than that he could do his 1st coaching job ANYWHERE 2016 as our football coach.
The results were NOT SATISFACTORY.
Do not begin to tell me the results were satisfactory.
YOU can not call it like it is.
You NEVER have been able to.
It makes us WEAKER as a program to HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS. It’s our # 1 problem and always has been.
Alabama has expectations and we don’t.
How did Kirby do year one in coaching duties other than recruiting ?
But BESIDES RECRUITING how did Kirby ACTUALLY DO his first season coaching ?
- Hired Jim Chaney and did not fix that widely criticized on BOTH accounts
- Jan 12 to Sept 15 practiced ONLY Greyson Lambert with # 1 unit then threw Eason to fire anyway
- Relied on 2 injured running backs when Brian Herrien was healthy better choice for Kirby
- Nick Chubb 32 carries for 227 yards game 1 after 3 ligaments surgery and never same after
- Never figuring-out who his pitch-and-catch combo was for Jacob Eason to throw to swapping-out this receiver with that one
- Giving his top 3 OL signees 2016 Ben Cleveland Chris Barnes and Solomon Kindley 1 snap combined when Kirby’s OL was so obviously tired and ineffective
- Kirby was thinking he was playing pass defenders on passing routes on vols’ Hail Mary got no pressure on the QB and did not defend the end zone
- Kirby forced the players to go to Jim Chaney instead of Kirby himself fixing that in-game adjustment vs Florida
- Kirby forced mutiny by the players holding a players-only meeting not even allowing Kirby in his own damn locker room before Florida
- Kirby was trying to control what people think by who he let talk and what he let them say and made it so that only he can talk. A coach is supposed to be a communicator.
- Kirby was handed the # 7 avg recruiting rankings making-up his team and ended-up the # 66 team at 8-5 by his roster full of talent wasted
- Kirby is # 31 on Coaches’ HOT SEAT.com today meaning a hundred coaches did a better job than he his first year. Say THAT !
- Telling Greg McGarity Nov 28 that this is your dream job then not bothering show-up until 12 Jan 6 weeks 4 days later
- Stubborn running the ball even vs loaded box even when it was not working
- Did not Start Freshman All-America Isaac Nauta until game 5. Next 2 games not start. Then 2 more Isaac Nauta didn’t start. Frankly Kirby I would have thrown to Isaac Nauta on every down as the go-to receiver.
- Started William Ham at Kicker going 3 of 7 field goals and short kick-offs then criticizing Freshman All-America Rodrigo Blankenship
- Kirby : “Shaun McGee is going to finish up with us but then he’s going to transfer out. He may have some academic issues depending on how his grades finish up. We’re still checking on a couple of classes. He may not be eligible for us next semester.” Kirby can’t say that. NCAA violation
- Kirby your antics to the press were a distraction from the time they first asked you who your QB is back in January. The longer it went on the more stubborn you came across
- Kirby’s unwillingness to answer ANY question was adversarial defensive and made you sound mad whenever anyone dared to ask you a tough question
- Kirby is a very poor evaluator of talent and cannot really even tell who the better players are
- Scholarship Count “NO PROBLEM” Kirby said 4 over for 2017 but Kirby had his RB coach call Toniel Carter Junior December 7 and tell him he’s OUT of scholarships for early enrollment. What his brother and legal guardian told you Kirby was YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED HIS BROTHER AND TONEIL YOURSELF KIRBY. Kirby you also gave 3 walk-ons a scholarship the week after Toniel SIGNED PAPERS WITH YOU KIRBY and knew you can’t have the kid here early like he wanted to AND LIKE YOU PROMISED HIM KIRBY as a result thereof.
NO ONE CAN SERIOUSLY SAY KIRBY WAS SATISFACTORY YEAR ONE COACHING HERE.
No. The problem around here as Bulldogs’ fans is that we think anytime some OUTSIDER asks us about our coach that we are supposed to DEFEND HIM rather than tell the truth.
The TRUTH of the matter IS if Kirby can not fix all these GLARING BLUNDERS coaching us 2016 and SOON he will be gone and I will be the one firing him
As I did with his predecessor.
Our FANS have NO EXPECTATIONS. I certainly DO.
SEC Country – Ken Bradley
That’s nice that so many of us myself included support Kirby and want him to do well.
Now answer the DAMN question. How did Kirby do his 1st year other than recruiting ?
THIS is where we disagreed on Mark Richt. I said he had to go. I FIRED him. You said he should NOT have been FIRED. You made Mark Richt’s job as cushy a damn job as you could possibly make DESPITE Mark Richt JUST LOSING IT starting with kick-off vs Alabama 2008.
I wanted him to care about WINNING again.
You wanted to agree that there was something BESIDES WINNING that was important HERE.
I supported Mark Richt from December 2000 until Alabama game 2008 after which he went from win 4 lose 1 to win only 3 lose 1.
I gave Kirby no throw-away year last year and do not this year either with all this talent around here. I demand and expect a better COACHING JOB than we got year one.
When you average # 7 recruiting classes every year making up your team you should NOT LOSE to 6-7 Vandie and end-up not even a winning record in The SEC.
Quit trying to CONFUSE that you are a fan of the program with ANSWERING THE QUESTION ASKED.
You really think what Kirby did year one was SATISFACTORY with YOU ?
You’re the problem around here and always have been. Have some balls. Have some expectations. You aren’t going to FIX THIS MESS by whistling in the wind that YOU LOVE KIRBY SUPPORT HIM WANT HIM TO DO WELL and think year one was just GREAT.
It was ANYTHING BUT in EVERYTHING he did 2016 season starting with NOT PREPARING Jacob Eason to be his STARTING QB and then throwing him into the FIRE anyway unprepared.
Demand Kirby not have yet again another throw-away year 2017.
For God’s sake. Tell Kirby what he needs to FIX. Quit ignoring our coaches’ foils.
# 31 on the Coaches’ HOT SEAT.com means only Hugh Freeze Butch Jones and Barry Od0m did a worse job 2016 coaching their talent in the SEC. When THAT is satisfactory let me know. Until then DEMAND MORE.
We are doomed to failure as a program with NO EXPECTATIONS saying 2016 was satisfactory for Kirby Smart and we’re all rating him HIGH APPROVAL RATING coaching this talent this program gave him.
Why is he # 31 coacheshotseat.com ?
Because he coached this talent well ?
Are you that OUT OF TOUCH with reality ?